AirCooled VW and Dune Buggy Discussion Forum From Chirco.com
April 18, 2014, 08:39:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for parts for your Air-cooled VW or Dune Buggy,visit our e-Store www.chircoestore.com
If you have questions about our products or services Contact us 800-955-9795 or 520-722-1984

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: bug spray carb holley 2100  (Read 2998 times)

dixon_cass
1300cc - Jr. Member

dixon_cass@yahoo.com
Cassidy Dixon
Email
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:23:35 PM »
ReplyReply

anyone use the holley 2100?  they also call it the bug spray carb.  i picked one up on craigslist and im gonna run it on mine.  anyone got anything to say about it?
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:23:35 PM »

fatalifeaten
Spaminator
2332cc - Gold Club Member

bblakesley
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:17:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Old school! They were the thing to have back in the day. Buggyman will be along to fill you  in, I seem to remember him mentioning he'd experienced them a time or two.

There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.
buggyman
2332cc - Gold Club Member

We're done!,Uh-oh,where's this bolt go?

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:33:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Grin
"Buggyman will be along to fill you  in, I seem to remember him mentioning he'd experienced them a time or two."
He's alive!
  Shocked
(& a handsome looking bride to boot! Roll Eyes ) Cheesy -not! LOL_Sign

1641 with a 300 Bugspray,fuel filter placed after the pump Banghead Sad

(circa 1981ish) Grin

1st Q d_c Smiley ,why did you buy it if you didn't know anything about it? Huh Dontknow .
No worries Wink ,just like any other carb which was never originally designed or intended to be used on a VW there just have to be some adjustments made Wink ,pretty much had to do with jetting & preheating the manifold or "hatting it" http://www.chircoestore.com/catalog/smf/index.php?topic=3815.0 in order to keep it from freezing up(click on the links inside the links Wink ).
Many more tips & tricks here Wink :
http://www.google.com/search?q=holley+bug+spray&hl=en&prmd=si&ei=IFWYTOUJj_izA4GbnMsM&start=0&sa=N

You should have no problem running it if it's in decent shape:
Throttle shaft not wobbly in the base-that can be corrected by drilling the base & inserting sleeves if it's not the shaft itself that's worn http://www.chircoestore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4066&osCsid=fpvbt3jkjl414o82bivqeokkv2 ,then you'd have to look for a replacement shaft or whole base assembly keeping in mind Wink that this was also originally a Ford based carb globally,so that leaves you open to search Ford based info for replacement parts on that carb model also Wink .

Beer Beer Grin

Everyone knows something.
No one knows everthing.
I know nothing,see nothing,hear nothing.
Yavol,Herr commandant!
dixon_cass
1300cc - Jr. Member

dixon_cass@yahoo.com
Cassidy Dixon
Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »
ReplyReply

first of all i got to say  Cool Pics  i bought the carb and manifold cheap not knowing it was a old bugspray carb.  somehow i found out later it was a bug spray carb.  thanks for all the links!  lots of valuable info on the carb setup!  i wasnt ever sure if it was a good one or not.  carb seems to be in good shape, no play in shaft and nice and clean inside.  i bought a 74 beetle the other day and it has a empi 32 36 progressive on it.  i really like that progressive setup.  i will try the bugspray but if i dont like it im going with a empi.  i just like the boost feeling when you hammer it.  im going to have to run the heater in the spacer because my exhaust doesnt have the risers and the intake doesnt either.  im dont think i will drive the rail much when cold though.  we will see i guess.  thanks a million man  Beer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: